In the 21st century, Brazil has proven to be a hotbed for high-performance surfing. It's been churning out pros and up-and-comers at as regular a rate as the USA and Australia. Caio Ibelli is one of the top young talents to emerge, fully announcing himself when he became the ASP World Junior Champion in 2012. Next stop? The ASP World Tour.
Raised on the fickle beachbreaks around Sao Paulo, Ibelli has his air game on lock, but it's all the other facets of his skillset that set him apart from the Brazilian contingent. The guy also has a power game and is a proven barrel rider, which makes him a dangerous threat on every stop of the World Qualifying Series.
- 2013: 5th, Reef Pro El Salvador (6*)
- 2013: 1st, Hainan Classic – China (4*)
- 2011: ASP World Junior Champion
- 2010: 3rd, Maresia Surf International – Brazil (6*)
- 2010: Brazilian Pro Junior Champion
Sport(s) you practice