Curren Caples may be a newcomer to just having his driver’s license, but the young guy’s capabilities reach far beyond his age. The Ventura, Calif. native has been the talk of the town for the last few years, since making his X Games debut in 2010, and even more so now that he made the jump to the pro ranks at the 2013 Tampa Pro.
At the 2010 X Games, Curren became the first male competitor to be born after the yearly event’s (now multi yearly) debut in 1995 and was the youngest athlete competing that year on the pro level, despite still being an amateur.
Curren’s signature blend of unmatched style and the integration of modern street tricks earned a fourth-place finish, just shy of the podium, beating out many of the best park skaters in the world. Since then, Curren has gone on to accrue quite an impressive sponsor list. Also a highly capable surfer and someone who is often likened to a young Jay Adams, watch for Curren to make strides both on concrete and in the water.
- 2013 – Dew Tour City Championships "Athlete of the Year"
- 2013 – 2nd, Dew Tour City Streetstyle - San Francisco
- 2013 – "Best Performance Award," Global X Games (1 of 6 Recipients)
- 2013 – Gold Medal, X Games Park – Munich, Germany
- 2013 – Silver Medal, X Games Park – Barcelona, Spain
- 2013 – 15th, Tampa Pro (First Contest as a Pro)
- 2013 – 1st, Volcom Damn Am
- 2010 – 4th, X Games Park
Sport(s) you practice