Coming into the game at the young age of 15 with the now infamous Cassette Team, Danny has evolved and been at the forefront of innovation with the sport of wakeskating. He has been witness to many of the sports firsts and has himself been a large force in driving the sport in the right direction. Plagued with some serious injuries over the course of his career, Danny has constantly rebounded with something big. Regularly pumping out some of the most sought-after video parts and accumulating contest accolades, Hampson remains as ever relevant as he was when he entered the sport a decade ago.
Raised in the Florida Keys, Hampson is a true pirate straight out of a Jimmy Buffett ballad and he plans on continuing to plunder the wakeskating game for years to come.
- Wakeskate Pioneer and Trick Innovator
- 3x Winnr of Transworld Wakeboarding's "Video Part of the Year"
- 3x Nautique Wake Games Winner
- 4x National Championships Winner
- 2014 – 1st, Nautique Wake Open
- 2013 – "Video Part of the Year," Alliance Magazine & Transworld Wakeboarding
- 2008 – Alliance Magazine's "Rider of the Year"
- 2008 – Wakeboarding Magazine's "Best Video Part of the Year"
- 2004 – Transworld Wake Awards' "Wakeskater of the Year"
Sport(s) you practice