From early podiums at major events like the Air and Style, Mikkel Bang vaulted right into photo and film shoots, bagging magazine covers and video parts before graduating high school. After earning his GED and full shred freedom, Mikkel went on a tear, clinching a US Open Slopestyle win, a Snowboarder Magazine cover, and opening video parts in Transworld Snowboarding’s "In Color" and Burton’s "13" – a performance that earned him a Transworld Reader’s Poll “Men’s Video Part of The Year” and a number five ranking in Snowboarder Magazine’s 2013 “Riders of the Year.”
Despite his laidback demeanor, the 6’1", tattooed Norwegian has officially planted some pressure and attention on his broad shoulders – but nothing he can't handle. When times get tense, though, he’ll pull out his acoustic guitar and strum some chords. Oh, yes, Mikkel has an artsy side. In fact, he has the body ink to prove it. Those three shows he played with his short-lived band resulted in the band’s logo being permanently planted on his derriere.
- Opening Parts in Burton's "Thirteen" (2012) and Transworld's "In Color"
- 2x Winter X Games Bronze Medalist
- 2013: "Men's Video Part of the Year" (Thirteen), TransWorld SNOWboarding Riders' Poll
- 2012: 1st, Burton High Fives Slopestyle – Snow Park, New Zealand
- 2010: 3rd, Burton New Zealand Open Slopestyle
- 2010: 3rd, Oakley Artctic Challange Slopestyle
- 2010: 1st, Burton US Open Slopestyle
- 2010: 2nd, Burton European Open Slopestyle
- 2009: 1st, Canadian Open Slopestyle
- 2008: 1st, Burton New Zealand Open Slopestyle
- 2008: 3rd, Dew Tour Overall Standings
- 2007: 2nd, Air & Style Big Air
Sport(s) you practice